Pimp my strobe!
BOTEX SP1500-DMX is a very popular stroboscope here in Germany because
of it's high intensity and low price. On the other hand there were some
problems with firmware stability (Deadlocks, unwanted flashing,...) and
some advanced features were missing.
So a complete new firmware had to be written with the help and
support of many VT-Companies:
- Botex SP-1500 DMX (Rev. 2.3, Rev. 5.2, Rev. 5.4)
- Showtec Titanstrobe 1500W
- StarWay Superflash 1500 DMX
- American DJ S-1500 / DMX (a.k.a. MZ Vision ST-2000 DMX)
- Lite Works WS-3000SX
The firmware was written for a mains frequency of 50Hz!
- seamless rates between 2-13Hz in the normal mode
- Blinder mode with 14Hz, 15Hz, 16.6Hz, 25Hz und 50Hz
- Random mode (normally distributed, variable trigger threshold)
- full 8bit resolution of the intensity. (gamma-corrected via C3
- Simulation of the tubes temperature to prevent it from melting
- special function for instant single flashes.
- SYNC function for syncing all modified strobes.
- some stand alone modes selectable via DIPs
- instant shut down if the DMX signal is lost.
- open source (GPL, code is written in AVRASM)
||If you have a DMX-Transceiver or STK500, write the
to an ATmega8515-16PU and select the crystal as clock source. (On the
resources site you can find a manual for programming AVRs.) If the write
was successful, the red LED of the transceiver starts flashing.
||Remove the original controller from it's socket. (Mark pin1
||Bend pin9 (RESET) of the new controllerso that it is not
connected with the target board.
||Put the new controller in the socket of the old one.
After these few steps your strobe uses a controller with much higher
||000 - 255
||Speed / Trigger
||000 - 255
||000 - 049
050 - 099
100 - 149
150 - 199
200 - 255